Cybersecurity Weekly: Cisco breach, Starlink hacked, Microsoft phishing attack targets crypto
Cisco confirms VPN data breach, ransomware attack survey results, and Starlink hacked using $25 modchip. All these and more in this week's edition of Cybersecurity Weekly.
1. Cisco confirms data breach, hacked files leaked
Ransomware gang gained access to the company's VPN in May by convincing an employee to accept a multifactor authentication (MFA) push notification.
2. One in three organizations now hit by weekly ransomware attacks
More than 40% of IT pros surveyed by Menlo Security said they worry about ransomware evolving beyond their knowledge and skills.
3. Starlink successfully hacked using $25 modchip
Belgian researcher revealed how he mounted a successful fault injection attack on a user terminal for SpaceX’s satellite-based internet system
4. Phishing attack abuses Microsoft Azure, Google Sites to steal crypto
A new large-scale phishing campaign targeting Coinbase, MetaMask, Kraken, and Gemini users is abusing Google Sites and Microsoft Azure Web App to create fraudulent sites.
5. FTC kicks off potentially massive new regulation on commercial surveillance
The Federal Trade Commission narrowly voted to explore new regulations on commercial data surveillance, saying the growing practice raises the risk of data breaches, manipulation of consumers and other harmful practices.