On this episode of the Infosec Cyberspeak podcast, Gloria Milton, help desk manager at itSynergy, discusses what it is like to be a help desk manager and her two decades of experience in the industry.
In the podcast, Milton and host Chris Sienko discuss:
– How did you get started in computers and security? (1:25)
– What is your role as a help desk manager like? (3:20)
– How did you make the jump from working on the help desk to managing it? (4:25)
– What are your daily job duties? (4:55)
– Do you have any advice for listeners looking to get into a help desk role? (6:15)
– Have you faced any challenges related to being in a male-dominated industry? (7:15)
– What can be done to encourage a more diverse workforce? (8:50)
– What are some of the challenges you’re expecting to face in 2019? (12:40)
Join us in the fight against cybercrime: https://www.infosecinstitute.com
Special offer for Infosec Cyberspeak listeners: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/podcast
Check out Infosec’s scholarship program: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/scholarship
About Infosec Cyberspeak Podcast
Knowledge is your best defense against cybercrime. Each week on Infosec Cyberspeak, industry thought leaders and host Chris Sienko arm you with the latest security awareness and education best practices. Together we’ll empower everyone with the knowledge to stay one step ahead of the bad guys.