Cybersecurity Weekly: Most popular phishing trends, Microsoft emergency update and a REvil ransomware sting
The most common brands imitated for phishing attempts, a new fix for Windows Server and VPN bugs and a raid on the REvil cybercrime gang. All this, and more, in this week’s edition of Cybersecurity Weekly.
1. Phishers’ favorite brands in Q4 2021
International courier and package delivery company DHL heads the list of most imitated brands by phishers and malware peddlers in Q4 2021, according to Check Point Research.
2. Microsoft releases emergency fixes for Windows Server, VPN bugs
Microsoft has released emergency out-of-band (OOB) updates to address multiple issues caused by Windows Updates issued during the January 2021 Patch Tuesday.
3. Russia's FSB announces sting against members of REvil cybercrime gang
The Russian government said Friday that it raided multiple addresses tied to members of the REvil ransomware gang, making arrests and seizing hard cash, cryptocurrency, computers and cars.
4. Social media in the workplace: Cybersecurity dos and don’ts for employees
Do you often take to social media to broadcast details about your job, employer or coworkers? Think before you share – less may be more.
5. The cybersecurity measures CTOs are actually implementing
Companies look to multifactor authentication and identity and access management to block attacks, but hedge their bets with disaster recovery.