Cybersecurity Weekly: Framing security with leadership, ransomware advisories continue and biological models for cybersecurity predictions.
Showing the corporate board why cybersecurity is mission-critical, CISA, FBI and NSA add additional ransomware advisories and biology-based models to increase security protections. All this, and more, in this week’s edition of Cybersecurity Weekly.
1. How to frame meaningful security conversations with the corporate board
As companies revamp their technology infrastructure to leverage cloud efficiencies and enable a remote workforce, cybersecurity is now mission-critical for senior executives and boards of directors.
2. CISA, FBI, NSA issue advisory on severe increase in ransomware attacks
Cybersecurity authorities from Australia, the U.K., and the U.S. have published a joint advisory warning of an increase in sophisticated, high-impact ransomware attacks targeting critical infrastructure organizations across the world in 2021.
3. Could biology hold the clue to better cybersecurity?
Sophisticated malware attacks underscore the need for a more dynamic security framework, inspired by biological concepts.
4. San Francisco 49ers confirm ransomware attack
The San Francisco 49ers NFL team has fallen victim to a ransomware attack that encrypted files on its corporate IT network, a spokesperson for the team has told The Record,
5. Adobe issues an emergency patch to address an exploited commerce zero-day vulnerability
It is characterized as an improper input validation issue that can result in arbitrary code execution. According to Adobe, the flaw can be abused without requiring authentication.