What’s it like to be a high-end red team member?
On this episode of the CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute podcast, David “Moose” Wolpoff, co-founder and CTO of Randori, a nation-state caliber attack platform, talks about a day in the life of a high-end Red Team Operations professional.
In the podcast, Wertkin and host Chris Sienko discuss:
- How did you get started in computers and security? (1:05)
- How did you get interested in more high-intensity forms of security like red teaming? (1:55)
- What is a red team and how is it different from similar roles? (3:00)
- What makes a good member of a Red Team? (5:15)
- Is there a deadline for your attacks? (6:50)
- What qualifications or experiences do you need to be qualified as a Red Team member? (8:15)
- How does a Red Team actually work? (8:55)
- Are there any common Red Team methodologies? (11:00)
- Tell us about the physical aspects of Red Teaming? (12:25)
- What types of companies employ Red Teams? (13:45)
- Is it typically expected that a Red Team will get past the company’s defenses? (14:55)
- Is it possible to go too far with Red Teaming? (16:00)
- How do your report your findings to the company? (17:40)
- Why has Red Teaming received such a boost of interest lately? (19:10)
- Tell us about the Randori platform and how it works. (20:55)
- What’s the future of Red Teaming? (22:05)
About CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute
Get security awareness and IT training insight direct from the trenches in this weekly podcast hosted by InfoSec Institute’s Chris Sienko. Each week on CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute, IT and security practitioners share their insights into a new topic, including security awareness, IT and security careers and keeping organizations safe from cybercrime.