What does a director of fraud and identity do?
On this episode of the Infosec Cyberspeak podcast, Kimberly Sutherland, senior director of fraud and identity strategy at LexisNexis Risk Solutions, discusses her career path, job duties and issues around authentication and identity-proofing.
In the podcast, Sutherland and host Chris Sienko discuss:
– How and when did you fist get started in computers and technology? (1:30)
– What principal areas does the risk solutions arm of LexisNexis address? (5:00)
– What are recent issues and solutions you’ve presided over? (6:00)
– What are the ramification of lax authentication for an organization? (7:35)
– What industries aren’t paying enough attention to identity-proofing? (9:45)
– Does identity-proofing issues vary between different industries and organizations? (11:45)
– How will GDPR and CCPA affect authentication and identity-proofing? (12:25)
– Would it be possible to create a similar law but have it focused entirely around identity and authentication? (14:35)
– What’s your everyday workday like? (15:30)
– What has been your experience as a woman of color in the industry? (20:10)
– What tips would you give for diverse candidates entering the world of security? (25:50)
– What steps can companies take that are trying to recruit a more diverse workforce.? (27:10)
– What identity and authentication issues should we be paying attention to in 2019? (30:05)
Join us in the fight against cybercrime: https://www.infosecinstitute.com
Special offer for Infosec Cyberspeak listeners: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/podcast
Check out Infosec’s scholarship program: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/scholarship
About Infosec Cyberspeak Podcast
Knowledge is your best defense against cybercrime. Each week on Infosec Cyberspeak, industry thought leaders and host Chris Sienko arm you with the latest security awareness and education best practices. Together we’ll empower everyone with the knowledge to stay one step ahead of the bad guys.