Videos & Best Practices to Build a Security Champions Program
It’s no secret.
Phishing, ransomware and social engineering attacks are rising rapidly. As they continue to get more sophisticated, we also see they no longer discriminate. Regardless of size or industry, every organization is now vulnerable to cyber threats, making organization-wide security awareness training the key to resiliency.
Proactive security and IT professionals know this, but building a security-alert culture that permeates your entire organization requires year-round time and energy. It’s no easy task to continually engage, educate and motivate all employees. This is where Security Champions can help. As an internal network of security ambassadors, these non-IT allies are trained to advocate your security awareness message and model security best practices among peer groups. Mobilizing a squad of security champs improves the reach and integrity of your team’s security awareness efforts and helps you instill good security hygiene across all levels of the organization.
Where To Begin?
To help jump-start an internal Security Champions Program, InfoSec Institute released a new video training series geared at creating cyber-smart security ambassadors. Included at no additional charge in the SecurityIQ security education platform, the new series includes 10 engaging and memorable micro-learning videos:
- Score! (Encryption)
- Save! (Firewalls)
- Check (Updates)
- Double Check (Verifying Wire Transfers)
- Knowledge Is Power (SA Training)
- Every Step You Take (Mentoring)
- Locked Down (Lock Screens)
- Safe Harbor (Safe Web Browsing)
- Secure Connection (Data In Transit)
- Better Together (Two-Factor Authentication)
Take the Next Step
To deepen your security advocacy program, also read the Gartner report, Designing a Security Champions Program. From this report we believe you’ll learn how to:
- Get executive support for your security champion program
- Build your champion network to span various organizational roles or geographies
- Present the security champion role as an employee development opportunity
- Empower champs to take creative liberties with content to suit their audiences
Read the complimentary Gartner report!