The ROI of Security Awareness Training | Cyber Work Podcast
Security awareness programs help organizations achieve the ultimate goal of fewer security incidents, but how do the benefits compare to the costs and time requirements? A new study by Osterman Research uses data from 230 organizations to answer this question and quantify the ROI of security awareness training for both large and small organizations.
This episode of the Cyber Work podcast is a rebroadcast of a webinar featuring Michael Osterman, President and Analyst at Osterman Research, and Lisa Plaggemier, Chief Evangelist at Infosec. In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- How to calculate security awareness ROI at your organization
- The opportunity cost of not having an awareness program
- Costs and returns of security awareness training
Try out Infosec’s free security awareness training ROI calculator: https://www2.infosecinstitute.com/l/12882/2019-09-17/g2djk4
Download the Osterman Whitepaper on the ROI of security awareness training: https://www2.infosecinstitute.com/l/12882/2019-08-22/fqgcnf
Check out Infosec IQ, our security awareness training platform: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/iq/awareness/
– Join us in the fight against cybercrime: https://www.infosecinstitute.com
– Special offer for Cyber Work listeners: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/podcast
– Watch the video version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6MeUdTZ7Vs
About the Cyber Work Podcast
Knowledge is your best defense against cybercrime. Each week on Cyber Work, host Chris Sienko sits down with a new industry thought leader to discuss the latest cybersecurity trends — and how those trends are affecting the work of infosec professionals. Together we’ll empower everyone with the knowledge to stay one step ahead of the bad guys.