How to Create BEC Templates in SecurityIQ
According to the FBI, Business Email Compromise attacks reached $5.3 billion in lost funds, a staggering number to stamp the end of 2017. BEC rates are climbing annually, and SecurityIQ has addressed this rapidly growing trend to educate your workforce, protecting your data and revenue in the process.
In the world of Business Email Compromise, there are five scamming platforms cybercriminals stand on.
|Fake Invoice Scheme
Attackers issue a fraudulent invoice, usually impersonating a foreign supplier
Attackers pretend to be a company executive and demand an urgent wire transfer from a junior employee
Attacker hacks an employee email account and requests payments from vendors
Attackers impersonate a lawyer or other official who handles confidential information, and requests more sensitive data from staff
Attackers target HR and accounting employees to steal sensitive data, including tax information. This data is sometimes used in future BEC attacks
SecurityIQ has 20+ phishing simulation templates for your BEC campaign!
How to Customize BEC Emails in SecurityIQ:
For this example, we’re going to use the Bogus Invoice Scheme and show you how you can customize a BEC email template SecurityIQ for your campaign.
- Log into your SecurityIQ account and under the Phish Sim select, Email Templates.
- Scroll to the Business Email Compromise category and browse your template options, all of which address the five scamming types above.
- Once you’ve found the template that suits your needs, click the clone button to duplicate and customize.
- You can modify the template in Email Editor to coincide with the most accurate representation of your company.
- Save your perfectly crafted BEC email. Once saved, it can be found under, “Personal” in your Email Templates, ready for use in your next phishing campaign!
We've encountered a new and totally unexpected error.
Get instant boot camp pricing
A new tab for your requested boot camp pricing will open in 5 seconds. If it doesn't open, click here.