We have an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate. You will be the produce owner of SkillSet.com, the newest addition to our well-established company’s product offerings. While new, this site is core to our growth strategy in 2013 and beyond. You will own everything that happens on the site, developing content acquisition, making key decisions, and aggressively finding ways to grow the site’s offering and user base.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Develop Site Content and Structure
- Aggressively source new content and authors to quickly create a large database of assessments and skills/skillsets.
- Hires and manages freelance content authors and other professionals as dictated by project needs.
- Assists authors in identifying problems and in developing viable and useful assessments. Advises authors in content preparation to assure a smooth production process.
- Create a high-quality industry-trusted classification and competency levels of the site’s main entities (skills and skill sets).
- Through detailed evaluation of classifications, questions, and assessments and in close cooperation with authors and editors; achieve content that is correct, clear, complete, current, legal and consistent.
- Evaluates quality and productivity of current authorship. Recommends revision strategies.
- Participates in planning innovative publishing paths to facilitate fast cycle time and cost effectiveness.
Execute on Product Enhancements and Refinements
- Recommend changes and expansion
- Manage external team of designer and developer in development of content, theme, and design of promotional materials.
- Communicates the requirements of each project. Devises strategies to maintain schedules.
- Measures effectiveness of functions and features of the site. Continually iterates and improves based on data and analysis.
- Reviews invoices submitted by development suppliers. Verifies that work invoices have been done and that the work invoiced is in compliance with the bid. Negotiates changes in invoices.
- Participates in planning innovative feature paths to facilitate fast cycle time and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure highest quality of user experience and content based on market research and feedback.
- Recommends new products, ancillaries, and services.
Expand Site Usage – both return and new visitors
- In conjunction with the marketing team, execute on the go-to-market strategy.
- Experiment and refine A/B tests to maximize site usage and customer experience.
- Test and find effective social media and referral/viral growth tactics.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years digital product development or project management experience.
- Tech savvy with a basic understanding of new media and technology.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills are critical.
- Must be an excellent communicator and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to work within budgets and schedules.
- Must be flexible to accept cross-functional responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications (word processing and spreadsheets).
- Ability to gather and synthesize customer and market feedback.
- Deep understanding of modern web apps and web sites
- Content acquisition and content management experience
- Previous product management experience working on consumer-facing website a big plus.
- Any experience with instructional design, learning design, or curriculum design.
- Ability to work with software teams and learning processes such as Agile.