Company’s accelerated development initiatives achieve unprecedented SecurityIQ and InfoSec Flex revenue growth, staff expansion and industry awards
InfoSec Institute, the leading provider of IT security education and workforce security awareness training solutions, today announced record revenue growth, development achievements and staff expansion through the first half of 2018. Both of the company’s business lines, SecurityIQ security awareness training and InfoSec Flex professional IT and security education, demonstrated remarkable gains.
Security Awareness Innovations Spur Impressive SecurityIQ Growth
SecurityIQ’s 1H2018 revenue grew 81% compared to same period last year. Catapulting this growth were several innovations unveiled since the start of the year to help clients combat cyber attacks’ growing sophistication:
- Learner Assessments – pre-built and customizable quizzes test learner comprehension, uncover training needs and validate learner participation
- BEC Defense Suite – training toolkit educates staff to recognize business email compromise attacks and allows administrators to detect sensitive information shared in failed simulations
- Hundreds of New Education Assets – expanded Security Awareness Content Library keeps employees cyber-sharp with new training resources for privacy and data protection, BEC, GDPR, PHI and HIPAA compliance, security champions and much more
- PhishyDomains™ – built-in domain registration enables immediate creation of phishing simulations to train learners how to identify typosquatting
- CDN Support – a SecurityIQ exclusive, integrated support accelerates page load times and cuts bandwidth consumption for the best online experience, especially for global learning teams
Launch of InfoSec Flex Pro Spikes Online Course Enrollments
InfoSec Institute’s flagship training courses for IT and security professionals saw similar first-half success. In the past twelve months, the company trained and credentialed nearly 8,500 students, a 24% year-over-year increase.
Instrumental to training revenue growth was the release of InfoSec Flex Pro, the Institute’s next generation of its award-winning, online training format. Since Flex Pro’s June launch, live online course enrollments grew an unprecedented 32%. Powered by InfoSec Flex Center, an immersive assessment and live-streaming platform, Flex Pro courses are designed for today’s busy professionals with courseware personalized to how, when and where they learn best.
Staffing Doubles to Meet Growth
To accommodate its accelerated growth, InfoSec Institute added staff across all departments – doubling its headcount over last year and opening a second Madison, Wisconsin sales office.
“Social engineering, phishing and ransomware no longer discriminate – putting organizations of all sizes and industries at risk. Our team’s singular focus is providing the best education solutions to keep all organizations and their employees safe from more frequent and malicious attacks,” said Jack Koziol, InfoSec Institute’s CEO and founder. “I’m very proud of every InfoSec team member’s passionate contributions toward this goal. I look forward to our growing company achieving exceptional milestones in 2H2018 as well.”
InfoSec Institute Scores Industry Recognitions and Awards
- Named a Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Security Awareness Computer-Based Training based on 80 verified client ratings and averaging 4.7 out of 5 stars
- Recognized as the Security Training & Education Program Gold Winner in Info Security Products Guide’s 2018 Global Excellence Awards
- Named to Trainingindustry.com’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies” and “Online Learning Library Companies Watch List”
About InfoSec Institute
InfoSec Institute fortifies organizations of all sizes against security threats with award-winning information security education. Recognizing cybersecurity is everyone’s job, the company provides skills development and certification training for IT and security professionals while building the entire workforce’s security aptitude through awareness training and phishing simulations. Recognized as a Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Security Awareness Computer-Based Training, InfoSec Institute is also a Training Industry “Top 20 IT Training Company” and the Security Training & Education Program Gold Winner in Info Security Products Guide’s Global Excellence Awards.
About Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice
Peer Insights is an online platform of ratings and reviews of IT software and services that are written and read by IT professionals and technology decision-makers. The goal is to help IT leaders make more insightful purchase decisions and help technology providers improve their products by receiving objective, unbiased feedback from their customers. Gartner Peer Insights includes more than 70,000 verified reviews in more than 200 markets. For more information, please visit www.gartner.com/reviews/home. Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice distinctions are determined by the subjective opinions of individual end-user customers based on their own experiences, the number of published reviews on Gartner Peer Insights, and overall ratings for a given vendor in the market, as further described here, and are not intended in any way to represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.