On this episode of the CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute podcast, Olivia Rose, director of global executive risk solutions at Kudelski Security, discusses her career journey and gives some tips and advice to women who are considering entering the cybersecurity industry.
In the podcast, Rose and host Chris Sienko discuss:
– When did you first get started in computers and security? (1:50)
– What was it about security that appealed to you? (2:45)
– How has the cybersecurity landscape changed since you first got involved? (4:15)
– What are the most common issues see when assessing a client’s security posture? (6:30)
– What set of skills, experiences and professional recognition should listeners consider pursuing if they want to move towards a career as a security consultant? (11:10)
– What are some of the biggest challenges in dealing with security and risk issues with mega-corporations? (13:25)
– Which security certifications are most important for 2019? (15:40)
– Tell me about the Girls STEM Club in Atlanta and its goals. (18:05)
– What can we do to make tech careers more accessible to women? (23:00)
– What tips would you give to women entering the world of security? (30:35)
– Get infosec training: http://infosecinstitute.com/
– Special offer for CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute listeners: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/podcast
About CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute
Get security awareness and IT training insight direct from the trenches in this weekly podcast hosted by InfoSec Institute’s Chris Sienko. Each week on CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute, IT and security practitioners share their insights into a new topic, including security awareness, IT and security careers and keeping organizations safe from cybercrime.