On this episode of the Infosec Cyberspeak podcast, Ruth Gomel-Kafri, director of product design at the security policy company Tufin, discusses her work overseeing the company’s product design group and what it’s like to work at a cybersecurity organization with such an impressively diverse workforce.
In the podcast, Gomel-Kafri and host Chris Sienko discuss:
– How and when did you first get started in computers and security? (2:20)
– Tell us about Tufin and the types of services and products it provides? (8:15)
– How has cybersecurity and policy changed since you first got involved? (10:40)
– What is your workday like, and what are some of your favorite job aspects? (13:50)
– What is it like working in an organization with such a diverse workforce compared to previous organizations where you’ve worked? (18:10)
– Is crafting job listings and targeting them correctly a part of the process of finding and recruiting diverse candidates? (21:20)
– What can tech companies do to make themselves desirable to the professionals they’re trying to recruit? (25:30)
– What tips would you give to women entering the world of security? (27:10)
– Where do you see security policy and practices going in the years to come? (29:30)
– Can you recommend any Facebook or forum groups for women in the industry? (31:20)
Join us in the fight against cybercrime: https://www.infosecinstitute.com
Special offer for Infosec Cyberspeak listeners: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/podcast
About Infosec Cyberspeak Podcast
Knowledge is your best defense against cybercrime. Each week on Infosec Cyberspeak, industry thought leaders and host Chris Sienko arm you with the latest security awareness and education best practices. Together we’ll empower everyone with the knowledge to stay one step ahead of the bad guys.