Average CCSP Salary [Updated 2021]
The Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification is a cloud security certification offered by (ISC)². It is one of the more commonly seen certifications in the cloud information security sphere. A question those considering earning this information security certification may have is, what is the average salary for CCSP certification holders?
What is the CCSP certification?
CCSP is proficiency certification for cloud security professionals offered by (ISC)², Inc. It verifies that the holder has the knowledge, ability, and skills in cloud security design, architecture, implementation, controls, operations and regulatory framework compliance. The topics covered in the CCSP CBK are made up of six domains:
- Cloud concepts, architecture and design
- Cloud data security
- Cloud platform and infrastructure security
- Cloud application security
- Cloud security operations
- Legal, risk and compliance
Five years of professional experience in the field is required. It will take more than an entry-level understanding of cloud security, and those thinking about earning this certification should work this into their career planning accordingly.
What are CCSP cert holders saying about the certification
Based upon surveys and reports given by (ISC)², Certification Magazine and others, CCSP certification holders have offered feedback about what they think about the CCSP certification. Below are some questions presented to CCSP certification holders, taken from surveys given to actual certification holders.
- Did this certification help you make more money? 52% of survey respondents said yes.
- Did this certification help you get a job? 52% of survey respondents said yes.
- Would you recommend this certification? 95% of respondents said yes.
- When asked why you decided to earn your CCSP, 81% of respondents said yes, with the second most given response being to get an edge over other candidates with 38%.
- Other notable comments from respondents are “Add(ed) marketability to my portfolio” and “Many employers are looking for this certification.”
What is the average salary for cloud security professionals?
The average salary for a cloud security professional in the United States is $119,000 based upon a survey conducted with 2,100 salaries reported.
Their responses indicated a fair amount of variance in average salaries depending on which city reported the salary. Below are the highest paying cities:
- New York, N.Y. – $133,578
- Seattle, Wash. – $133,373
- San Jose, Calif. – $132,934
- Reston, Va. – 129,015
- Houston, Texas – $119,670
- Chicago, Ill. – $118,266
- Dallas, Texas – $115,958
- Austin, Texas – $110,535
What is the CCSP average salary?
Certification Magazine conducted a job and salary survey called the 2021 Salary Survey. This survey included more than 900 CCSP cert holders and calculated the answer based upon these 900 salaries, with 53% of those who responded indicated that they were from the United States. The average salary for a CCSP certification holder in the United States is $165,890. This equates to an over 27% increase in the average salary that a cloud security professional could earn.
What is the CCSP average salary based on location?
Average salaries for cloud security professionals varies based upon location. It makes good sense to figure location into the average salary calculation as. It wouldn’t be reasonable to think the average salary in New York would be the average salary that a cloud security professional in the small-town USA would make. Despite this well-founded assumption, there are no current statistics about CCSP cert holders and particular U.S. cities.
What is the CCSP average salary based on job role?
The job role you are working on may influence how much your average salary will be. Below are the CCSP average salaries that different job roles are earning.
- Security manager, IT: $185,000
- Security director: $148,000
- Security architect: $200,000
- CISO: $200,00
- IT manager: $94,000
As you can see, CCSP average salaries vary widely. The $165,890 figure for CCSP average salary holds up when you look at what the different job roles are taking home for average salary.
Figuring out the average pay of CCSP
Cloud security is an area of information security in high demand. If you earn a CCSP certification, your average salary will be a 27% boost on average. Suppose you are a cloud security professional that has five years of professional experience. In that case, you may want to consider earning the CCSP certification to make sure you take advantage of the boost in salary it offers.
- 2021 Salary Survey, Certification Magazine
- Salary for Certification: (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Payscale
- How much does Cloud Engineer make in the United States?, Indeed
We've encountered a new and totally unexpected error.
Get instant boot camp pricing
A new tab for your requested boot camp pricing will open in 5 seconds. If it doesn't open, click here.