Held each year in February, Safer Internet Day unites millions of people from over 130 countries to promote safe Internet use, especially among children and young people.
The theme for Safer Internet Day 2019 is “create, connect and share respect: A better Internet starts with you.” Here at InfoSec Institute, we believe it’s everyone’s responsibility to promote secure online behavior. For today’s youth, learning to use the Internet is as commonplace as learning to tie their shoes. As educators, parents and siblings, we must teach the next generation how to stay safe on the Internet — long before they create their first online account.
Help us spread the word by reading and sharing these free resources with family, friends and the young Internet users you know. Let’s practice Safer Internet Day year round!
- Security Awareness for Kids: Tips for Safe Internet Use
- Cyber Bullying Threats, Prevention and Solutions
- Three Different Kinds of Online Scams
- Best Practices for Web Browser Security
- The Best Techniques to Avoid Phishing Scams
- The Major Security Issues Surrounding Virtual Personal Assistants
- Medicare Fraud and Security Awareness
About Safer Internet Day
Safer Internet Day is organized by the joint Insafe/INHOPE network, with the support of the European Commission. To help organizers get the word out about Safer Internet Day 2019, share this article or visit their website for free images, activities and infographics.