New York, NY
Tracking Code 753-589
Job Title: Sr. Network Security Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of Network, Data Center and Collaboration Services
OT Eligible: No
The responsibilities of the Security Focused Sr. Network Engineer’s is to play a key role in developing and proactively maintaining Stroz Friedberg’s robust, global IT security program. Key areas of concentration will be developing and maintaining solutions that facilitate advanced perimeter protection. The position will focused on deploying technologies that ensure adherence to the corporate security posture, developing and maintaining programs that embed security hardness / readiness into all of Stroz Friedberg’s deployed technology solutions.
The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated Network Engineer whose experience has been focused on creating and deploying security-centric solutions within an international firm. The candidate must be comfortable presenting technical robust solutions to peers and upper management, and be able to demonstrate in a clear thought process with regards to balancing practical security solutions with required / desired business functionality. This position will be embedded within the IT Security Engineering Group and will manage key projects related to deploying security solutions within the firm. The position will work closely with all areas of Information technology and be a trusted resource in moving our security program forward.
Essential Job Functions and Requirements
- Travel is required as needed, in order to deploy solutions and provide internal consulting to IT teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Advanced, hands on experience in deploying and maintaining remote access technologies /solutions.
- Ability to turn security concepts and designs into working products and services.
- Works collaboratively with Information Technology, Development and all aspects of the business.
- Experience designing security solutions for SaaS (client facing) platforms.
- Extensive experience with different firewall technology, deep understanding of IPS/IDS and event correlation systems.
- Experience with all aspects of multi-site network designs and support (LAN, MAN, WAN).
- CCIE level hands on experience with the configuration of VRF, BGP, and OSPF is a must.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Network Security, including the design, configuration, and tuning of Cisco security appliances
- Bachelors in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience.
- CPP, CISSP, and similar (security) related training highly desired, but not required.
Work Experience Required
- 5-7 years in Network Engineering, with at least 3-4 of those years focused on deploying and supporting security related products and services.
To apple, click here.
Tracking Code: 477-589
Job Title: Sr. Incident Response Examiner
Department: Incident Response
Reports to: Director of Incident Response
OT Eligible: Yes
The Incident Response Examiner provides consulting and technical services as assigned by the Director of Incident Response (IR) and Engagement Management. The Examiner will perform daily tasks associated with cyber breach response and investigations, responsible for augmenting and strengthening personal incident response skill set, as well as enhancing the company’s Incident Response business unit.
Essential Job Functions
- Investigate network intrusions and other cyber security breaches to determine the cause and extent of the breach.
- Thoroughly investigate instances of malicious code to determine attack vector and payload.
- Participate in technical meetings and working groups to address issues related to malware security, vulnerabilities, and issues of cyber security and preparedness.
- Form and articulate expert opinions based on analysis.
- Contribute to a curriculum and assist in-house training sessions, individualized if needed, for IR staff, to ensure appropriate development of skills and continued innovation.
- When applicable research, develop, and recommend hardware and software needed for Incident Response.
- Develop policies and procedures to analyze malware.
- Produce high quality oral and written work product, presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely.
- Participate in special forensic projects as required, including collection, preservation of electronic evidence.
- Preserve and analyze data from electronic data sources, including laptop and desktop computers, servers, and mobile devices.
- Preserve, harvest, and process electronic data according to the firm’s policies and practices on an as necessary basis.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all areas of performance.
- Well-developed analytic, qualitative, and quantitative reasoning skills and demonstrated creative problem solving abilities.
- Strong work ethic and motivation with a demonstrated history of ability to lead a team and develop talent.
- Proficiency with forensic techniques and the most commonly used IR toolsets, such as Pstools, Volatility, EnCase, and FTK Suite.
- Strong shell, C, C++ and/or Java programming skills and proficiency in Assembler languages a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications, and familiarity with Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations.
- Familiarity with computer system hardware and software installation and troubleshooting.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities, and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment, requiring extreme flexibility and responsiveness to client matters and needs.
- Significant travel, evening and weekend hours should be anticipated.
Education & Work Experience Required
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 5 – 7 years of experience or equivalent education and experience.
Stroz Friedberg is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, click here.
Why Stroz Friedberg?
Working at the intersection of technology, investigations, regulatory governance and behavioral science for well over a decade, Stroz Friedberg is driven by a core purpose—seeking truth. We consider this the underpinning to our success at helping organizations find facts, manage enterprise threats, and move forward with greater assurance. Come work for a global company brimming with state-of-the art technologies and boasting renowned experts who are devoted to navigating complex risks stemming from both inside and outside an organization. Advance your career and become a passionate part of our team solution to transform companies’ abilities to better defend, respond, and leverage key intelligence—as together we aim to fortify a business world plagued by high-tech crime and “low-tech” corruption.
Stroz Friedberg is a leading professional services firm specialized in investigations, intelligence and risk management. To help our clients manage risks, we have assembled a collection of the brightest minds in the fields of Digital Forensics, Incident Response, Security Science, Intelligence and Investigations, Data Discovery, Forensic Accounting and Compliance. With twelve offices across the globe, Stroz Friedberg is on an exciting growth trajectory, and the size of our organization will let you stand-out and operate on the front lines as an innovative fact-finder, allowing you to showcase performance excellence and drive success for our clients, the firm, and yourself. Join our mission. Seek Truth.
For more exciting career opportunities in the IT and Cybersecurity world, check out the InfoSec Institute Resources Job Board here.