Passionate about security? Want your day job to pay you for doing security research?
Interested in researching the latest threats and countermeasures and turning it into a courseware product that can benefit the security community? Check out our latest opening, in lovely Madison, WI:
About InfoSec Institute:
InfoSec Institute is the premier provider of information security instructor led training. Founded and managed by leading experts in the field of information security, our customers include the federal government, military and Fortune 500 companies. InfoSec has provided training in the last 12 months to the CIA, FBI, NSA, Sandia National Labs, Microsoft, JP Morgan-Chase, Amgen, Intel and many others top organizations. InfoSec Institute is a stable, growing business with offices in Madison, WI and Elmwood Park, IL.
The Security Researcher will be a key team member of the content development team whose focus will be current security trends and developing cutting edge courseware in support of InfoSec Institute’s training courses. This position will conduct research on the latest network-based vulnerabilities and technical security defenses. The Security Researcher brings experience in detection of network and software attacks, operating system fundamentals, forensics, reverse engineering and will use it to extend to develop top notch content for use in InfoSec Institute training courses.
The Security Researcher, under general supervision, plans and implements curriculum and educational programs for students within the online training program, as well as occasionally serving as a backup ILT instructor.
Supports students in online courses with webinars, direct answers to student questions, and frequent knowledge base updates.
Designs content for students so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational objectives.
• 4+ years of technical Information Technology and Information Security experience (e.g Network Engineer, Security Engineer, etc.)
• Experience with multiple security, networking and OS certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in CIS, MIS, IT, and/or appropriate skill level in related field.
• Strong interest or background in security, specifically in penetration testing and computer forensics
• Experience with tools such as wireshark, metasploit, nmap, etc.
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Experience with computer forensics and malware research
• Programming skills: Ruby, Python, Perl, C/C++
• Experience with Linux server administration
• Understanding of internet and networking technologies, TCP/IP, UDP, SMB, HTTP
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines with creativity
• Self-motivated, independent and able to understand complex systems
• Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula
InfoSec Institute is an equal opportunity employer.